Friday, June 18, 2010

Linking my blog to my site

It's a wrap. I did it. Put all the pieces together of what in the beginning, 10 weeks ago, seemed a mystery. Thanks to my instructor, Michael Baker, who I had for the Web Development class here at AILV, who pretty much left us to do what we could on our own. And you know what? That works for me! Like a puzzle, the pieces eventually came together, and I learned as I went along. In the end, the site I will be turning in today is just a little different than what I envisioned. It started with lots of color, and now it is a black background. I just think black enhances any artwork on a page, and gives me the feeling of spaciousness, not being boxed in, which was definitely on the top of my wish list for creating a site. Here's what my thoughts were after many weeks of no social life, no family life, no love life and no sleep, as I got up this morning to  finish up some last minute touches:

"So here it is 5 a.m. Last round before I turn my website in today at 1pm. And a video edit at 6pm. My children think I'm some sort of mad scientist, locked away in my office behind closed door all hours of the day and night, emerging only for more coffee, briefly nodding and smiling at those who are part of my family. They bring me food and water, and know not to ask me too many questions..."

No comments:

Post a Comment