Thursday, February 4, 2010

Week 4 EOC - Mad Men

Before this television series came out, I watched the previews, and really loved the concept; ad men - becoming Mad Men. A period piece, set in the early 60’s, with those mythical magical all powerful ad men who controlled the minds of millions, right out of New York, wearing suits and cutting throats to get the client and the account. Because my life is so busy, I don’t watch much TV, and never saw one episode of this series, until today in Marketing class. Back in the day, though, I loved watching Bewitched, just so I could see how Darren would get the accounts in his advertising agency, no matter what chaos occured. I imagined myself being in the advertising business, which, eventually, for a while, I was. And I loved it. the difference between then and now, is in today’s society, the internal politics in an ad agency are much more subdued, no so obviously cut throat, women are running things as well as men, and no one smokes in the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment